Sunday, June 23, 2013

Our Attempt at Distraction

Well, I am 8dpIUI#3 and I am doing pretty well!!
Hubby and I went for a little camping adventure this weekend as an attempt to get away and distract ourselves from "the wait".
I have lived in MS for over 18 years and have never been to Natchez. This needed to change so we decided to go to Natchez State Park for a night to canoe, fish, camp, play disc golf, etc.
We left Saturday morning at about 7:00 to start the journey! We wanted our GPS to take us there via the Natchez Trace Parkway so we took a lot of fun back streets to get there. I just love going the "back way" to places! It took us about 2.5 hours to get there. The first thing we did was set up our tent (last time we went camping we tried to pitch our tent in the dark...epic fail!). We then went to take the canoe out and go fishing!
It probably wasn't the best idea to go out on the water in the middle of the day...on the second day of summer...in MS!!! It was so fricken hot!! I did catch one little brim but that was it. I was so proud of myself for catching a fish! I did unhook it and put it back in the water.
We stayed out in the water for about 3 hours, we canoed accross the large lake and into some side corners. It would have been PERFECT if it wasn't so hot!
When we got back to the tent, I immeditaly went and took a cold shower. It was HEAVENLY!!
Hubby then had the idea to go out to historic Natchez since it was only about 3:00pm and we didn't want to sit around the camp site all day.
We had a nice stroll around the city and did a walking tour of the city. It was nice seeing the "Mighty Mississippi River". I called to make reservations at Magnolia Grill, right on the water. Our table over-look the river and it was really nice. The food was amazing and I was a happy girl! We had fried dill pickles..how could I not be happy?!? 
After dinner we returned to the camp site. Hubby wanted to fish on the doc since it was dusk and I decided to hang out at the campsite and read. We had a wonderful battery powered fan that helped us survive the heat! We were the only tent campers there, every one else was in an RV. I enjoy tent camping. I grew up thinking of tent camping as "real camping" where RV "camping"...not so much. To each their own, right? We did have a blow up mattress and battery powered fans, so we were kind of "fancy camping" anyways.
I slept well, woke up early. I had the most realistic BFP dream I have ever had! I was so sad when I realized it wasn't real = (
We hit the road fairly early and headed to Lake Lincoln State Park in Wesson, MS so that we could do their disc golf course.
If we would have had a map of the disc golf course then it would have been an AMAZING course! It was really nice, in the woods, shaded the whole time. I am sure I will get horrible Poison Ivy though!! I tried to wash my legs and arms in the park restroom but they didn't have soap or paper towels in there...so water had to do!
We made it home in good time and spent some time with my parents when we dropped of their canoe to them that they let us borrow. We picked up some subs for lunch/dinner (we really didn't eat all day...woops!) and went home to take showers.
Our furr-babies were very happy to see us since they hadn't been fed since yesterday morning. It is good to be home!




C25k related update: I was going to my week 2 workout 1 this morning or this evening, but I am so tired from canoing, walking in Natchez, and hiking during frisbee golf. I will have to start week two on Wed.
I did lose 2lbs last week! WOOT!!

3 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds like it was pretty awesome! I hope your dream comes true in a few (not so) short days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! I hope that dream becomes a reality soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Natchez! My mom and I go there at least once a year to tour the houses and EAT! They have some great restaurants. Glad you two had a good time. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete