Monday, September 30, 2013

Now We Wait






I haven't updated in a while, but as of today, the wait begins.

Last Thursday I had my monitoring appointment. I was a little disappointed by my follicle development, but it was "ok". He wanted to give me a few more days before I trigger in order to give my follicles some more time to grow. He had me wait until Saturday to trigger for IUI#6 Monday (today!!). The wait for Saturday's trigger wasn't too bad. I went for a run Friday morning where I did the third day of 5k-10k program. I run really really slow. I complete the challenge for the day, but my distance isn't even close to what the goal is. I think I was supposed to run 3 miles in 30 minutes but ended up running 2.39 or something. Oh well, I ran for 30 minutes...that's a long time to run. I had my first test in Graduate School Friday so I took that in the afternoon and passed the freaking crap out of it with a 100!
 
                                  BAM!!!!

So, I was pretty happy about that. I got some more school work done and went to Book Club that night. I love my book club! I don't think I have mentioned it on here, but after I got out of college and then changed jobs where I worked with a bunch of men, I realized that I didn't really have any friends. I decided on a whim to put out some feelers on Facebook to see if anyone wanted to be in a book club. Over 1 year later and we are still going strong! We have all the original members and we all look forward to having "girls night". We talk about the book sometimes, but mostly we talk about our lives, drink, eat, drink...did I mention we drink? I just look forward to it every month!

On Saturday I had signed up to do a 5k. It was my "goal" 5k, the one that I worked hard towards in order to run the whole thing. My only goal was to run it all and finish in less than 40 minutes. I sort of set that 40 minute goal as a joke thinking I would finish looooong before that time....haha nope! I finished in like 39 minutes. I beat my goals though!! I ran the whole thing (slow as molasses, but I ran), and I finished within my time goal. I was really really proud of myself. I wore teal pants in remembrance for my dear High School friend who passed away much to young, at the age of 26, to Ovarian Cancer. She passed away last November and her Birthday was yesterday (Sunday).


Sorry it's so big!! it says "Happy Birthday Mary. I wear TEAL in your memory" September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness month!


So, I ran the whole race and then went to the festival connected to the race. I had a really good day. My Hubby was a deer camp so I was pretty much by myself all day, but it was nice. I listened to music, walked around, got my feet massaged (I paid for it, it wasn't from a random person). I had such a good day that when I went home I had a little nap, vegged out. Next think I know it is 9:30 and I had forgotten about my trigger! I mean, who forgets about their trigger shot??!! Luckily I was talking to an IF friend and it reminded me...only 30 minutes late. That should be ok!!

Sunday was sort of a bitter sweet day. It was my late friend's birthday. I looked at some pictures of her and reminisced. I also talked to her about maybe helping me out with this whole IUI thing. Before she passed away I told her that hubby and I decided that if we had a girl that we would honor her with the middle name. So I sort of talked to her yesterday about maybe giving me a little extra Mary juju from above towards the IUI today. We'll see = )
This is was in 9th grade. She was so beautiful and full of life!! RIP Mary!!!


So, this morning was my IUI. The last one I will hopefully ever do!! I have been so at peace about everything. I really feel "ok" about this potential break and about the next step. Hubby and I for sure decided that IVF would be our next move and that our goal would be to do it in a year. We would save up as much money as possible in that time so that we have a good savings cushion for ourselves.

sorry these things are so flippin' big!! This was me today...Roar Radio on Pandora, Hope shirt, bracelet and necklace!!
I am super duper crampy right now so I am hoping that that means my ovaries are doing or have done what they are supposed to. My bewbs hurt....too soon for symptom fishing??? lol.

Anyways, I am in a good place. Probably a better place than I have been in this whole time. I have totally given this thing up to God. I know that it will happen when it is supposed to happen and how it is supposed to happen. I'll just do what I can to help out the process.

Sorry for the novel, but I had a lot to say. I hope this leaves everyone well and I love every one of you and thank you so so much for your support through this time in our lives. Whether this is the end of our journey for a year or just the beginning....I thank you.





1 comment: