Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oh, The memories!!!

I am blogging on my phone, so I'm sure it will be full of typos and odd auto-corrections. So, sorry in advanced!
Oh, what a time I have had since my last post. I have been working, trying to get ahead on school or and had an adventure last weekend.
I have felt fairly optimistic during this 2ww. Not that I thought I was pregnant, but I haven't count myself out just yet either. I have started having some AF type symptoms, which upsets me. But I hear some pregnancy symptoms can be similar, so I am trying To keep my head up.

I will test tomorrow.

Three huge trees fell in our yard last week, which scared the HELL out of me. I had to race outside to make sure the dogs were ok...luckily they were : )
Luckily the trees didn't hit the house, or fall over the driveway or anything. It will make for some good firewood if we can find something big enough to cut it and tote it!

As far as school goes, I've been trying to get ahead with my school work since I went out of town last  weekend and didn't want to do any school. I am really starting to get overwhelmed with school. I have quite a few due dates coming up and just feel like I can't learn this stuff fast enough. I will get it done. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but it's ok. At least I am able to go to graduate school an have a full time job. I need to keep it all in perspective!!

Now, this last weekend was my Color Me Rad 5k in Tennessee with two wonderful ladies I had not met in person. The plan was for me to fly out Friday into Atlanta. Meet up with one of them for the las leg of the flight and then meet up with the other in Asheville,NC. The next morning was the race and then we would spend the day together and leave Sunday morning.
Things didn't exactly turn out that way...
My flight from Jackson left 30 minutes late, and my layover in Atlanta was only 36 minutes so I knew I would be in trouble trying to make my connecting flight. Man did I try though!! I told Cici (who I was supposed to meet at the gate) that I was running late an concerned about missing the flight. She tried so hard to stall!! I ran my big ass off at the Atlanta airport. If you ave ever been to that airport then you know how far away the terminals are...it was like Murphy's law. I had to wait for my bag because I checked it at the Gate, the escalator was full if people so I couldn't run down the escalator, the shuttle that goes between terminals left as soon as I got off the elevator so I could t ride it, I had to run with my huge bag from one terminal to the next, I memorized the gate wrong ad the gate I had memorized didn't exist so I was searching for a missing gate (I felt like Harry Potter...was t sure if there was a secret code to find the gate or not), and finally....the gate closed seconds before I got there. I just collapsed on the floor. I was so upset. This was my first time flying by myself and I missed the flight!! They didn't have any flights out that night so I had to stay the night in Atlanta and fly out in the morning....thus missing the race, the hole reason for the trip. They did give me a hotel voucher, but the whole thing was messed up. I seriously though "it would be easier if I just went back home". I didn't though. I ended up having a wonderful weekend and now I know that I can handle myself if this happens again. Was it ideal? No, but it's how it was supposed to go!!

"it wasn't the road I had planned on taking...Nevertheless, it was the road the God had chose , and I had two options: I could become bitter or better."


One of the trees that fell
Our adventure!! Memories made for life!! Go Team FUIF!!

2 comments:

  1. Despite some hiccups in our plan, it was still a great weekend! I miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete