Wednesday, September 4, 2013

IUI#5 Done!!

IUI#5 has been completed and the 2 week wait has started!

The past 2 days:
My RE wanted me to take an OPK test Monday and Tuesday at 2:00pm incase I started to surge on my own before the scheduled trigger shot Tuesday night at 9:00pm. Well, low and behold, on Tuesday after my OPK test I got a positive!! Say whaaaat!?!?

So, I called my RE's office and talked to one of the nurses. She told me to go ahead and do my trigger shot and be in for IUI#5 Wednesday at 2:00pm for hubby's collection. I had one of my co-workers shoot me up in the break room and all went peachy!!

Today:
Hubby and I went in at 2:00 pm. Wednesdays are busy for my RE because it is his surgery day. We knew that hubby's collection would be at 2:00 but unsure when the actual IUI would be. Dr. P had to do surgery today and his last surgery was at 2:00 and then he had a Lecture schedule for 3:30. The plan was for him to try to make it to the Clinic to do my IUI after he got done with the surgery and before the lecture. He would finish the surgery at the hospital, drive to the clinic  about 15 minutes away without traffic, do my IUI and then drive back to the hospital for his lecture. We weren't sure if he would have time in between surgery and lecture so there was a chance he would have to do my IUI after his lecture at 5:00. Well, luckily he made it in time! I had my IUI at 3:00 today! Hubby's numbers were good, 37 mil total motile post-wash with improved motility. Over-all, things went well! I even told him about a Color Me Rad race I am doing in a couple of weeks with two awesome ladies who are going through IF as well. Overall, everything is crossed that this IUI works.

Test day is September 18/19.



2 comments: