Monday, August 26, 2013

Cyst Be Gone!

So, AF came yesterday (Sunday) when I woke up. I called the on-call RE nurse yesterday while I was at work to let them know and figure out what to do next. She told me to call the office Monday morning so they could schedule me for a sonogram.

So, after my run this morning (I finished C25K!! woot!!) I called the RE office and she said, how soon can you get here? I was like, I just ran, so I need to shower...maybe an hour? So they set up and I arrived at the office 1 hour later! I didn't even have to sit in the waiting room! They are seriously on top of their game!

Sonogram: This was my first sonogram while I was still bleeding from AF, it didn't phase the staff one bit. I guess they are used to it. The first thing my RE asked was "do you have any questions?". I said "absolutely! I have them all written down!". I whipped out my phone and started firing. I explained to him that if we get to IUI#6 and we get a BFN then we will have to take a treatment break for financial reasons and that I felt like I was "running out of time". He answered all of my questions to the best of his ability and I was satisfied with the answers. He said that if he didn't think IUIs would work for me then he wouldn't do them, he would tell me if we needed to go straight to IVF or not. He said he truly believes the IUIs will work, which is why he is still optimistic and wants to keep doing the same protocol. He did say that if we get a BFN after IUI#6 then he would suggest I think about IVF, if for no other reason than to move this thing along and get KU already. He understand that it is expensive, which is why he has done so many IUIs with me, he thinks they will work and they are cost effective. He is very very cost sensitive, which I appreciate.
He may not do the "normal protocol" that other REs do but I think I understand why. He separates what is absolutely necessary and what is just "nice to have". He whittles it down to the most cost effective approach since all of his patients are OOP, he wants to do what it takes to get you KU but costing you least amount of money. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.
After all of my question, it was on to the sonogram. My cyst is gone!! He said my ovaries look "beautiful". I even have a 8mm follicle on my left ovary and another one on my right. I was sort of surprised by the size of the one on my left, I didn't realize one could be that big this early. So, all clear to start with IUI#5!

Plan: I will start Femara 10mg tomorrow (CD3) until CD7. I will go in for a monitoring ultra sound on Sunday Sept. 1 to see how my follies are.

Here goes nothing!! IUI#5 here I come!! Don't you dare make me go to IUI#6!! That's my safety IUI!!



5 comments:

  1. I'm so, so, sooooo happy to read all of this! I also love the quote and picture you chose. JUST.KEEP.GOING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!! So happy the cyst is gone! Come on #5!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! Yay for the cyst being gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Say! So glad to hear the cyst is gone!

    ReplyDelete