Monday, May 20, 2013

Penelope's Time to Shine!!



So, I had IUI#2 today!! I can't believe how fast this cycle has been going! It seems like I just wrote an entry on IUI#1! This is how the day went...

0830: This is when we had to be in the clinic for Hubby's "contribution". Things went so much better this time! No Christian Radio station this time!! He said the country station was on, it's not his style but it's a step in the right direction.

Once he was done we went to a lighting store to look for a light for the hallway then stopped for breakfast.

0940: We went back to the clinic for the IUI! We were in the waiting room for a long time. During this time a woman came in in with her two babies. Yes, I realize that she probably needed fertility treatment to conceive those two babies, but sometimes when a woman is having a hard IF day it is difficult to see children. I was a little surprised my RE clinic wasn't more sensitive to this fact. So, as I was sitting there with Hubby, two toddlers sitting to my right, the nurse comes out to talk to the lady and handed her the paperwork, she pointed at the paper and said "And this is your due date". Now this could very well have been the due date for her payment, but I had a feeling she was pregnant again and it was her pregnancy due date. I really aught to look at it in a positive way and feel comfort that my RE does produce good results!

Once the nurse called us back we were brought to the ultrasound room, instead of the usual IUI room. The nurse said that they will be doing an ultrasound before the IUI. I was really excited thinking they were just checking my follicle size, making sure too many didn't get released. It turns out the nurses need clinical practice with abdominal ultrasounds for when they do IVF. So, they did an abdominal ultrasound during the IUI so they could see the catheter going through the cervix and into the uterus. It was pretty neat seeing the catheter on the screen. They had a lot of trouble finding things in there because I have a "tilted uterus". My uterus tilts back, and I guess my cervix does too, so it took a lot of manipulation to find everything. It hurt!!! He kept having to manipulate the speculum...OUCH! the actual IUI hurt more this time than last time.
Oh! The best part is that my hubby's numbers went up by 25%!

I hope this cycle works for us and Penelope is doing her thang!

Test day is June 3rd. Just like last time I will update my blog if my test is positive but won't post it on Facebook because I don't plan to make it "Facebook Official" until we are out of the first trimester.



5 comments: