Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Looking at the Silver Lining




Well, yesterday was a really hard day for me. Harder than I really expected it to be. I said in a previous post that I wouldn't be devastated if it was a BFN...I think I was kinda devastated. I let my hopes go up way too high...the higher the hopes and bigger the fall. If I could put it in a picture it would look like this graph. Don't mind the words and what the graph is actually about, it's just the visual of it all. Although, I wouldn't mind to have what is in Mr. Love's bank account = ). IF treatments are expensive!!


I am feeling better today, I think the bottle of wine I had last night helped out a lot. Yes, I said bottle. It was technically only two glasses of wine....the glass just happened to have been very large.



The plan was to wait for AF and call my RE for the next step.

Well, AF came for a visit today! This is where the silver lining comes in...AF came 14 days after IUI. Do you even realize what this means??? It means I ovulated!! My diagnosis is Anovulatory, meaning I don't makes eggs, thus I don't ovulate. This is huge people!! Yeah it took medication to do it, but it still did it. My body made at least 1 egg and released it. Like from my Ovary! My body did what it was supposed to do (except for get fertilized, but I will let it slide this time)!!!



So, I call my RE's nurse for the game plan for this cycle. Starting on Thursday 5/9/13 I will start Femara 7.5mg (higher dose than last cycle), CD 3-8 (one day longer than last cycle because I am a slow responder). I will go in 5/15/13 for my mid-cycle ultrasound to, hopefully, see one or two big plumpy follicles.I will have another "name that follicle" contest. I will then do the trigger shot again and then do time intercourse.
Now, last cycle I did IUI, hubby and I talked and we decided that we want to get my medicine dosage right before we did another IUI in order to prevent "wasting an IUI". We bought a package of 3 IUIs and we have already used one. This new cycle will give us the opportunity to see if this new dose of medicine is good for me and will also sort of allow us to try to get pregnant "the old fashion way". Plus, hubby is moving to days next week so we can do the deed like normal people at normal times of day.
 "The deed" at 4 in the morning is not ideal...just saying.

So, that is our plan! Thanks for the support everyone! It means so freaking much to me!

6 comments:

  1. Great news, Sarah!!! Stay positive. Next time you need to drink a bottle of wine, just give me a call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really aught to have you over sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent plan, and I love the positive attitude! Deep breaths, love your body for the wonderful thing it is, and know that you're doing the right thing giving it a nudge in the right direction :-) It took us 3 yrs, 4 mcs, 2 d&cs, a hysteroscopy, minor surgery and maybe 20-25 IUI cycles to figure out the protocol that worked for me, but once we had all that figured out and I had a successful pg, the same protocol worked again -- twice! -- the first time. (I'm hoping it's MUCH quicker and simpler in your case! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Aunt Barb! I had no idea you went through so much!! You have 3 beautiful kids now, what an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for silver lining! I'm glad you O'ed. It's one less thing to worry about! Do they not do a P4 test at 7dpo for you so you will know sooner if you O'ed? I'm weak O diagnosis so they test mine to make sure O was strong enough or if we need to up meds.
    I'm glad you've got a plan worked out for next cycle. We're also doing Femara and TI this cycle because we will be out of town for FW. FX for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no, they don't do P4 b/w. They really don't do much b/w at all.

    ReplyDelete