Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Most Amazing Sound!!

"A Thousand Years"(from "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" soundtrack)
Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
 
 
I am 6w6d today and I had my first ultrasound!! I have been a nervous freaking wreck the last few weeks waiting on this ultrasound. I have just wanted time to speed up so it could get here already! But this morning, since it was the actual day, I was so nervous for the ultrasound to actually happen. I wanted to just stay blissfully happy and unaware of any problems. I just wanted to imagine a baby in there but not have to face any realities if something were to not be "right". In the waiting room I was fidgety. I think I peed twice waiting on the ultrasound and my heart rate was elevated with anxiety. When the time actually came for the ultrasound I just had to take a deep breath and pray. I rubbed my belly, held my hubby's hand and just prayed.
 
When Dr. P came in he was so happy for us. He shook our hands and said "I told you it could happen!". I told him I wore my nice socks for him and he said that they were quite nice = ). Then the ultrasound....Dildo cam!!
 
He first wen to the uterus and quickly showed us that there was a baby there and showed us the flicker of the heart beat (RELIEF!!!!). He then went to look at my ovaries and tubes to make sure there wasn't anything misplaced. I do have a cyst on the (right?) ovary that he will watch, but the other side was good. He didn't see any other flickering outside of the ute. yay!
 
Now the good stuff!!
 
I have a singleton! One beautiful bean measuring ahead at 7w2d with a beautiful heart beat of 142bpm. It was the most beautiful sound!!! He only had the sound on for a second or two, enough time to measure it and then turned it off. Maybe the sound creates too much frequency and could disrupt the baby? I don't know. He could have had the sound on the whole time and I would have been ecstatic, but that's ok!
 
He said everything looks good and that I have a 95% chance of having a healthy pregnancy, which means my chance of miscarriage has gone down! Yay!! He said I could tell family but to hold off on telling other people (woops).
 
Our next appointment will be in 3 weeks, 2 days before Christmas!! This will be so amazing because we will have new pictures to give family for our pregnancy announcement to family! I went to Babies R Us today to get ultrasound frames to give them! I honestly could not be any happier than I am right now. I am so relieved that there is a little bean in there. I am thankful that my RE is amazing and has given me drugs (yay!). I am thankful that my husband is so amazing as well.
 
We did talk about OBs with the RE today and I got some pretty disappointing news. I was hoping my gyn could be my OB because she is the best of the best but they said she may not be taking any new OB patients because she is thinking about retiring!! NOOOOOO!!!! Dr. P said that he will talk to her and see if she can take me on, if not until delivery, at least for part of my pregnancy and maybe another OB that they recommend could also see me so that I could get to know them both. Sounds good to me!
 
I also signed up for childbirth classes and breast feeding classes today at the hospital where I work and hope to delivery (classes aren't until march and may). I also talked with a friend who is a photographer and also is going through IF struggles about doing pregnancy announcement photos and she said she would be happy to! I am so excited! That will be Dec. 13th!
 
So many exciting things happening!
 
I had my first ultrasound ladies and everything looks great! Bean (singleton!) is measured ahead at 7w2d with a heart beat of 142! Next appt is in 3 weeks on Dec 23rd! We'll have new pictures of our reveal to our parents on Christmas Day!! I don't think I could be any happier at this particular moment.my bean!!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Big congrats on your bean! Hearing the heartbeat is just such a fantastic thing!

    ReplyDelete