Wednesday, January 8, 2014

12 weeks- Plum

I wanted to start this post with sort of an analogy I came up with after my nap today. I have had a really difficult time figuring out where I stand, now being pregnant after infertility. I have had a lot of guilt about my friends who have gone through so much more than me but are still not pregnant, and I am. So, here is my analogy.

I feel like those who are and have dealt with infertility are all running a marathon (I have never run a marathon, but let me imagine) and those who are pregnant after infertility are near the end. We don't cross the finish line but instead turn around and wait, yelling, cheering, screaming, crying on those still running. Our team mates, our family.

 
Because we all will cross this finish line together. As long as there are still couples going through infertility we will all be cheering everyone on. Until we find a cure for this stupid thing, until there is no such thing as "unexplained" infertility, as long as science continues to prosper and new discoveries are made...We will all cross this finish line together.
 
This analogy may not work for everyone, but that's how I feel. I don't feel like I have finished my marathon, I just feel like my energy now will go towards cheering on others so we can all cross that finish line together.
 
 
 
 
Now my updates
 

 
How Far Along: 12 Weeks, large plum
Total Weight Gain: none yet
Maternity Clothes: I pretty much wear maternity jeans when I am not in scrubs or PJs. Extra room for my bloat = ) Plus I want to get my use out of them!
 Stretch Marks: No, no new ones
Sleep: Sleep is ok. It takes me a while to get into position and I have to get up a couple times at night to pee.
 Best Moment This Week: First OB apt and we got to see little one again!
 Miss Anything: I have really wanted a subway sandwich but am trying not to eat lunch meat.
Movement: Too early
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I have felt ok lately but smells still bother me enough that I can't go into the cafeteria at work.
Cravings: I don't think I would call anything a craving. I enjoy pickles a lot though. yummmmm
Gender: I've been thinking boy
Labor Signs: waaay too early.
Symptoms: Boobs hurt. heart burn has started up. still vomiting maybe 3 nights a week.  
Belly Button In or Out: In 
Wedding Rings On or Off: On
Feeling: I feel pretty good since I had my OB apt Monday and was able to see little one.
Exercise:  none. I try to walk but its so darn cold out. brrrr
Looking Forward To: NT exam on Monday!!
 Next Appointment: NT scan 1/13. OB appt. 2/4
 

Baby Bedi standing on his/her head

4 comments:

  1. I love the analogy. I can relate to the guiltily feelings and sometimes try to shy away from contact with my friends that are struggling because I don't want to cause them anymore pain. However, by using your analogy I may be able to shake some of those feelings as I have run a half marathon and know how important it is to have people root you on during the race. During my first half, I had a friend who biked the entire half course and kept encouraging me the entire time to not give up and to keep pushing. I'm not sure I would have finished without her. So, I'm at the 12 mile mark, I've turned around and I'm running beside those still on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Say... you are beautiful in every sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! So glad to see your progress too! <3

    ReplyDelete