Monday, October 21, 2013

Today, I am ok

So, since I am on a break, essentially, from trying to conceive, I wasn't sure if this blog would have any substance or anything to fill the pages. I don't really have any cycles to talk about or get excited about. No doctors appointments to look forward to, no monitoring appointments.
I feel different everyday about being on a fertility treatment break. Some days I am really really sad about it, while other days I welcome the break. I welcome the break from medicines, vaginal ultrasounds, having to worry about having sex at certain times and having to miss work so I can be inseminated.
This break has made hubby and I think about where our money is going and ways to save more money. We have a goal and we are trying to figure out how to attain this goal as soon as we can.

I did start running again today. I haven't run since the end of September. It has been almost a month! I ended up running 2 miles, average pace of 13 minutes. I feel pretty good about that since I haven't run in a while. I've been having problems with aching hips and weird twinges of pain on the bottom of my feet. Not sure if taking prophylactic Ibuprofen will help with that or not. I do have a goal of running a 10k by the time we start IVF. I know I couldn't imagine running 3 miles a few months ago and now I can't imagine running 6. I can't imagine my hips and feet carrying me that far. I plan to keep trying to increase my distance, slowly but surely.

School is also going well. I am halfway done with my first semester of graduate school. I can't believe the first semester is already halfway done. I hope all the semesters seem to go by just as quickly! I have a lot of deadline coming up, and I am actually feeling pretty stressed with everything. When I'm not working 12 hour shifts I am doing school work. When I am not doing school work I am trying to spend time with my husband. It feels like a lot to balance at the moment, but I welcome it.

I guess there really isn't a point to this post, and I hope I can think of things to post about while we are on this break.




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still blogging. I still like to stalk you. :) I'm glad school is going well, but I'm tired from just reading about that and your schedule. I'm amazed and in awe that you're getting it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, please don't deprive your stalkers :) Sounds like an intense schedule you are juggling, I'm impressed and as PP said, I'm tired just reading it! Wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete