Wednesday, October 16, 2013

IVF

This is me today

George Michael sad walk


Today is 16 days after IUI#6 and AF came this afternoon. It's over. My Hail Mary treatment cycle didn't work. So, this means I am done with fertility treatments for a year, or really until we can save up $15,000 or so for IVF. I am really upset, mostly numb and in disbelief. I never ever thought I would need IVF. When I started seeing my RE I refused to get the infectious disease testing because that was just needed if we did IVF and OF COURSE we would never need IVF because the IUIs would work.

They didn't work...

I just can't believe this is my reality. I can't believe that we have to take a year off of treatments. I won't be going on BCPs during this time, that is just more money and I don't want the option of a "surprise" pregnancy to be eliminated (HAHA!!).

Anyways...I will still be posting on there because I still consider us trying to conceive just with very very poor odds. I may write more about this later, I just feel so in shock right now and heart broken. I am sitting in the library at work and don't feel like crying in public. I'll probably call my RE at some point this afternoon or maybe tomorrow.

FU IF, I don't like you!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, sorry. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey. I am so sorry. I wish there was something meaningful I could say or do to help but I know that's not possible. You will be in my thoughts. Hugs and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no words... I'm so, so sorry ((((((hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about this friend. I have so many friends going through infertility and you all are a wonderful, strong group of women. You'll get through this. Just one day at a time. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete