Saturday, April 13, 2013

CD 7-12


So, I finished my Femara 5mg on CD (cycle day) 7. The 5 days that I took them I really didn't have any noticeable side effects. I was extremely irritable (sorry hubby!) while I was taking the medicine, but I was irritable before I started taking them so I think it had more to do with hormones, rather than the Femara.
Taking my last dose of Femara 5mg!
During CD 8-11 I started to spot, I was worried that my body was trying to start a period so I called my RE's nurse but she said not worry unless a full flow period starts. Which it didn't...thank goodness! Dr. P. said this happens sometimes on Femara because of the extra blood flow to the Cervix.

CD 12- I went for my first monitoring Ultrasound today. This ultra sound is pretty much to see how the Femara has worked to get my follicles/eggs big and mature, and when to take the trigger shot to release the eggs and do the insemination.They do a transvaginal ultrasound and measure the uterine lining and the size and number of follicles in my ovaries. He said my lining was a little bit thin because it was probably still too early and my follicles probably weren't mature yet. He confirmed that when he looked at my ovaries. He found two follicles on the right side and two follicles on my left side. The leading follicle on my right side was only 9.5mm, the smaller one was 9mm. On the left, the leading one was 11mm and other one was 9mm. He said he likes them to be at least 12-13mm (Some RE's like them 18-23..I think it all depends on the person). He pretty much said that because I am anovulatory, I can be more resistant to meds than someone who have no problems developing eggs (obviously). He said that it could just take a little more medicine to have the follicle "break through" and mature. He told me to take Femara 7.5mg Tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, and then come back on wed. for another ultrasound.
Bad news:
  •  I have to pay for additional ultrasound which is about $200 more than the close to $1000 I have already payed towards tests and treatment. Just another drop in the bucket, right? Many women pay at least 10x this.
  • My ovaries are more resistant to medications than Dr. P thought. .
  • I have to buy more medicines
Good news:
  • Hubby and I have jobs that allow us to pay for these treatments and still be able to pay bills on time and treat ourselves once in a while
  • Hubby went with me to the first ultrasound and he is so supportive = )
  • I have folicles...they are just small.
  • I might have seen my future child today = ) Keeping hope alive!!
  • Ultrasound Room!
    Hubby came with me! He was so tired because he worked the night before



yup, tired


so silly

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! This post made me laugh. Your photos are hysterical. I really needed a laugh. My hubby and I are going through the same thing as you. Looks like your man has a good sense of humor --- SO important when dealing with IF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it!! Good luck to you and your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete