Friday, February 8, 2013

Biggest Loser... Psych!

So, the unit that I work on has started a "Biggest Loser" challenge. I figured I could use to lose a few pounds so I signed up! My goal is to lose about 20lbs. A year ago I lost 21lbs using Weight Watchers online, then over this past year I gained about 10 of it back, so I need to get to my original goal!!  My Reproduction Endocrinologist referred me to a Dietician because my LDL cholesterol was slightly elevated, so I saw the Dietician Wednesday. The Dietician said I was doing pretty well, he didn't see anything in my diet that made him say "OMG YOU EAT THAT?!?". He weighed me and even said he wasn't too concerned with my BMI (29, ugh!) since the BMI doesn't necessarily pertain to everyone and how healthy they are. I would still like to get that number down!!
So, I walked 4 miles yesterday and 1 mile today after work. This is how I feel:
 
The first weigh in was this morning and I lost 1lb. I was pretty content with that, but would have loved for it to be more! During this Biggest Loser challenge they randomly paired us with a partner to motivate us. So, OF COURSE, my partner is my new boss!! No pressure!! She called me at work telling me we need to step up our game and that she just ate a Do-nut. She said we have to make a pact to cut out sugars = (. So, of course I am craving a huge chocolate cake. Not just one piece...the whole thing.
So we shall see how this goes!!

2 comments: