Wednesday, April 30, 2014

28 Weeks

Hello! 28 Weeks today! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy seems to be going. I had nothing but positive feedback during NIAW last week. I posted something every day and it was taken well. I can definitely tell that 3 trimester is not going to be very nice to me. I try not to complain, but I think I will complain in this post. If you are sensitive to complaining pregnant ladies....then you may not want to read this post = ) I totally understand. 

Eli's profile with hands in his face
arms and hands together like he is praying "please get me out of here and mom please stop singing!!"

 
from my baby shower



How Far Along: 28 Weeks
 Total Weight Gain: +20lbs




Maternity Clothes: I love them
 Stretch Marks:
Sleep: It is pretty uncomfortable. I try not to go to sleep until I feel Eli kick, but he hasn't been kicking as much as he used to, so this causes a lot of anxiety. I have to pee a lot more frequently, which means waking up frequently. I get very uncomfortable in my back and sides. Body pillow is necessary. 
 Best Moment This Week: I was able to get an ultrasound today so I got to see little guy! I also had our first baby shower on Sunday! It was so nice to have people come together and it meant so much to us to have the support of so many people. It's fun to "oooo" and "aaaaahh" at baby things = ).
 Miss Anything:I guess I miss being able to function at my full potential. I can't walk like I used to since after I walk for about 5 minutes I get intense pain in my side from growth. I can't be as helpful at work like I used to. I'm just over all slower and lower functioning. 
Movement: I have been worried about his movement for a few days while. It seems like he moves a lot less and sometimes I don't feel him all day until I lay down at night before I go to bed. I mentioned this to my OB today at my appt and she did an ultrasound to make sure he was ok. He is = ) He is so perfect. I think he has just gotten so much bigger that he is running out of room. The ultrasound shows that he is head down (yay!!) and his legs/feet are under my right ribs (that is why my ribs hurt like the dickens!!). I am just so thankful that he is ok in there.
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Nope, I did have my glucose tolerance test today and the sugar drink I had to drink was very very sweet and was horrible to drink! It made me jittery and tired all at the same time. It sure had Eli wiggling around though!!
Cravings:Crawfish and Sonic Blast!! I had these two cravings satisfied too = ) So happy.  
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!! Eli Preston!!
Labor Signs: Nope, I am waiting for the braxton hicks contractions to start though.
Symptoms: Get ready for complaining: 3rd tri has definitely started. Dr. H said i was in the "P.O.P" stage..."Pain Of Pregnancy". I can't walk for more than 5 minutes without having intense stitch like pain in my right side. She agreed that it was probably from growing uterus. Because of this I wasn't able to do my second 5k walk planned and I feel like a failure (even though I do realize that it is perfectly ok for a 7 month pregnant lady to not do a 5k walk). Ribs...My ribs hurt so fricken bad. I feel better now, knowing that it hurts because Eli's feetsies are under there kicking away. It is just very uncomfortable. I get dizzy spells. I got my blood counts checked today and I am expecting it may show that my Iron is low. I hope to get those results tomorrow. I walk slow, I get tired, I can't sleep because I am uncomfortable, i think I have 8 chins. I am just a pitiful, pitiful person right now. BUT, I wouldn't trade it for anything and I know it could always be worst and it will all be worth it. It's just not comfortable right now. I also realize that it will get much worst before it gets better....summer in MS is coming.
Belly Button In or Out: In, for now. I don't think it has much longer. My OB told me to get a picture of it now, before it pokes out. I took a picture but I won't be posting it = ) It's too weird 
Wedding Rings On or Off: On, getting tighter though. I think the heat will make my fingers swell, so I may have to remove my rings earlier than I maybe normally would if it weren't for the heat. 
Feeling:Blah, you read my complaints. I won't mention them again. I am just thankful Eli is safe, healthy and growing like he is supposed to.
Exercise:yeah...I mentioned the side pain when walking earlier. This has definitely limited my exercise a great deal. I walk when I can and take the stairs when I can.
Looking Forward To:I am now onto every 2 week appointments. I can't believe it!! We have our "babymoon" next week and I only have 2 more tests this semester, so I am ready for this semester to be over with! I am taking summer and fall off. I am excited for the relaxation of our babymoon. We rented a cabin for a couple nights on a sugar cane farm in Louisiana. We will leave after my last final exam next Friday. So ready to get away and relax for the weekend = ) Plus, we will come back on Mother's Day! 
 Next Appointment: May 14th! Same day as our breastfeeding class!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are feeling so crummy. Don't be too hard on yourself for not doing the 5K. Your body is going through so much. I love the new pics and glad you got to see Eli again. Hoping you start to feel better soon. Have a WONDERFUL baby moon. <3

    ReplyDelete