Saturday, April 19, 2014

26 weeks and NIAW

It seems as I have moved to an every other week schedule for updates. I am sort of in between doctors visits and nothing super exciting or new is happening. It's been a rough few weeks with quite a few late losses on a few Facebook groups. I can't help but worry that something like that will happen to me and my sweet Eli. I get comfort from his kicks and wiggles but that fear continues. I think I just need to accept that the fear will continue until he is healthy in my arms...and then a totally different fear of actually having to care for him and keep him alive will arrive. I guess the worry and concern for your child, whether it is trying to get pregnant, successfully carry baby, successfully give birth and then successfully raise a child will just always be there. There are just new worries and new concerns.

I am happy that I am getting close to 3rd Tri. I really didn't feel well yesterday and I can't really put my finger on what is actually wrong. I just don't feel "right". I kept getting a dizzy type feeling and just wasn't feeling totally present. I checked my blood pressure at work and it was normal, so I assume my blood sugar was low or maybe I haven't kept myself hydrated. Working 12 hour shifts is starting to wear me down more and more. I had to take off of work today so that I could hydrate up and prop my feet up. As much as I need the money, I need me and Eli to be healthier more.

National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) starts tomorrow and I have already posted a pre-week status update on facebook and changed my cover photo for the week. I plan to post information about infertility each day as a way to spread awareness. I did this last year as well as sort of a "coming out". It's a little different this year. I fear that I may come across as insincere or as a "poser" since I am now pregnant. I added the infertility twibbon to my profile picture, but of course my profile picture is a pregnant me...I hope it's not a slap in the face to those still in the struggle. I also don't know if I should still claim myself as one of the 1:8 who struggle since I am now pregnant or if I should be more of an outside supporter. These things I struggle with and will just have to go with what I feel is right. I am so proud of my IF friends who have chosen to use this year's NIAW to "come out" and I pray they get nothing but support and love from those around them.





How Far Along: 26 Weeks --Head of lettuce
 Total Weight Gain: I haven't weighed myself so I have no idea = )




Maternity Clothes: I think I am really going to miss my maternity clothes. I just feel like I look cute every day and I can't help but look at more clothes even though I only have a few months left!
 Stretch Marks:
Sleep: It is still uncomfortable and I toss and turn a lot. I try not to sleep on my back, but I almost always end up there. 
 Best Moment This Week: Hubby finally felt him kick = )
 Miss Anything: I miss being able to work my 12 hour shifts and walk long distances without having difficulty. I have a 5k planned for next Saturday that I am just unsure I will be able to do. Whenever I walk for a reasonable distance I get really bad right sided pain that I assume is round ligament pain. There is no way I could walk 3 miles with that pain.
Movement: I feel him every day. He is mostly active in the mornings and at night. I can't go to sleep until I feel him moving in there. It's a comfort thing, like he's telling me "I'm still here mom, you can sleep now". we have a cool mother/son relationship like that.
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: No, not really sick. I just need to keep hydrated and eat more frequently.
Cravings:Not really 
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!! Eli Preston!!
Labor Signs: No, I am waiting for the braxton hicks contractions to start though.
Symptoms:I just love feeling him move. I get tired and the round ligament pain is very painful, along with rib pain that I can only assume means that Eli has found a home under my rib cage. I guess I'm just getting to the uncomfortable part of this whole thing, it's all worth it though and wouldn't take it back for anything. 
Belly Button In or Out: In, but I can definitely tell that it's pushed out more. 
Wedding Rings On or Off: On
Feeling:I feel fine, just more uncomfortable the bigger he gets (good problem to have). I've pretty much had my pity party in the beginning of the post, so I won't go through it again = )
Exercise: I have been trying to keep walking. I did a breast cancer walk last saturday with my mom. We finished it in less than an hour, but I know I was slowing her down a lot. by the end of the walk my side was starting to hurt. I have another scheduled for next Saturday that I am just not sure if I will be able to complete it or not. I'm not a quiter, so this is a hard decision....do I try or not try?
Looking Forward To: I have a baby shower planned for next sunday!! I am so so excited. I am sort of terrified of being the center of attention...I still have PTSD from my bridal shower...but I think it will mostly be fun. Baby things are more fun to ooo and ahhh at than pots and pans = )
 Next Appointment: April 30-- our last every 4 week appt!!

many many pictures: 

Nursery!! We still have to accessorize and need glider.
Clock hubby made for nursery
my contribution = )

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love your pictures! Your belly looks fantastic :) I also love Eli's room!

    And you are right I am afraid...the worrying never seems to go away!

    Can't wait to hear about your shower!

    ReplyDelete