Wednesday, April 2, 2014

24 weeks: VIABILITY!!

 I missed the week 23 update, but not much happened that week anyways. So, i am 24 weeks day!! V-Day!! It is way way way too early for Eli to make an appearance but it is so reassuring that if something were to happen then more steps would be taken to save him. My OB told me today that pregnant obstetricians don't consider viability until 32 weeks (I guess because they are pretty realistic about outcomes) and she asked my take on it as a nurse. So, I told her that, not as a nurse but as someone who has gone through infertility,...this day was HUGE!!! She nodded and celebrated with me = )
 I saw him move from the outside for the first time, and it was amazing! When I sit to watch TV, I always have by belly out so I can catch him moving. Hubby still hasn't felt him or seen him kick. I don't think he thinks I am making it up....but I really want him to experience it too! 
Hubby has been working so so so hard on the nursery and it looks so amazing. I will post pictures once it is all done. I am just so excited and so in awe at my hubby's talent! I knew it was going to look amazing, but I didn't know it would look this amazing!
 I had an OB appt. today and Dr. H said I am the perfect patient and everything is going great! Eli had a heart beat of 155 and he kicked or punched the doppler wand twice. It was so cute = )

V for V day!!


sorry for the exposed belly, but I took this picture this week and thought it was precious. Purrsia laying on my bump. This will probably be the only bare belly pic....so enjoy LOL



How Far Along: 24 Weeks (ear of corn I think)
Total Weight Gain: +6-10lbs depending on scale. I believe the weight was the same at today's appt.



Maternity Clothes: LOVE 'EM!! I really need to stop looking and then buying them becauses I wont need them for much longer = o
 Stretch Marks:
Sleep: It is getting more uncomfortable. I am tossing and turning a lot during the night. I try to sleep on my L side and prop my feet up because of swelling but my back hurts sometimes. Its just not fun right now and I know it will only get worst.
 Best Moment This Week: I saw him move from the outside!! It was so wonderful and yet so weird at the same time.
 Miss Anything: I am actually pretty good right now.
Movement: I feel him every day and I can see him move from the outside!! Hubby still hasn't felt him or seen him move = ( Boo hiss. I am so ready for him to experience it!!
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Nope, I have actually been feeling very good, especially after getting a prescription for Protonix for my heart burn. knocked it right now.
Cravings:Not really 
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!! Eli Preston!!
Labor Signs: waaay too early.
Symptoms: I am really loving feeling him moving around and kicking. The heart burn has been gone since getting a prescription for Protonix. I had horrible side pain about a week ago that occurred only when walking and it was very excruciating. I called the OB office and they said to take Tylenol. Turns out it was probably round ligament pain because I haven't felt it since. 
Belly Button In or Out: In 
Wedding Rings On or Off: On
Feeling: I feel great, no real complaints except for sleep and general achiness. Oh yeah...my ankles leave me after I end my 12 hour work days = ( Swelling...booo
Exercise:I have been walking a lot more. It really feels great outside and I enjoy getting out there and walking. I just have to be careful not to go out during the hottest part of the day. 
Looking Forward To:I want hubby to feel him move!!!! Oh yeah! The Crib is being delivered tomorrow!!! yay!! 
 Next Appointment: April 30

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the nursery pics! I love the bare belly pic! I wish I took one of mine while i was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete