Monday, November 4, 2013

Just Keep Swimming



 
In my case, "Just keep Running".
Watching the New York City Marathon yesterday online was so inspiring!! Thousands of people, with so many inspiring stories, getting out there and running their hearts out. Many of them had never run before, but set a goal and succeeded! Now, my goal isn't necessarily to run a marathon, but I think I may want to stretch farther than a 10k. I was joking around with hubby and mentioned the Disney World half-marathon...that would be fun! Now, they do a 10k also, but that would be a reeeeally expensive 10k. Plus, I want to put one of those stickers on my car "13.1".
I went out for my run this morning with new energy and determination. I started back with the 5k-10k program. I had taken a break from the program because my distance had dwindled since taking a break from running period for the majority of October. I started Week 2 day 1 of the 5k-10k program and really impressed myself! The object was to do a steady run for 20 minutes. I assumed the 20 minutes was supposed to be the distance of 2 miles. I never reach the distance expected when the time runs out because I run so slow. Today was a different story! I ran 2.06 miles in 20 minutes! I assume that means I averaged at about a 10min/mile pace although my app tells me something different...so that confuses me. Oh well!!
 
I also contacted my dad about a father/daughter trip we have talked about for a couple years now. We just so happened to start talking about it when hubby and I first started trying to start a family. I kept putting off planning because I was worried I would be pregnant during the trip time so I couldn't do much (HAHA!!!). But, since I am on a treatment break for God knows how long, I know for almost certainty that I will not be pregnant during the first 6 or 8 months of 2014. So, I think this is our ideal window of opportunity to plan this thing! We had discussed going to Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky. We would probably camp, do some cave hikes/tours, regular hikes, etc. It should be a really awesome experience. Plus, I have never been to Mammoth Cave National Park and I have a goal of going to all the national parks. Not just step my foot in there...but actually experience the park, do hikes, camp, etc. I have such wonderful memories of going to Big Bend National Park with my family.
 
On other news, I registered for my Spring Semester of NP school today!! This first semester has really flown by and I am really getting stressed out about it! So much to do!! So little time!!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. You inspire me so much with your determination for running. I love it! The father/daughter vaca plans sound awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe! This is the way it started for me!! Just sayin! Call me when you're ready to meet up for the Disney Marathon ;) (which is my favorite race of all time!!)

    The trip you are planning with your dad sounds awesome! Have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome. I love your drive. Good luck on reaching your running goals!

    ReplyDelete