Tuesday, August 19, 2014

1 month + 1 week

I have been such a bad blogger! I don't have much of excuse except that it is hard to type a blog post with one hand...I'm almost always holding or nursing Eli.

Speaking of Eli....
He is 1 month and 1 week old! I meant to write a post on his 1 month but I didn't get around to it. So, this will have to do!

Wow has he grown! He is just becoming this little person and looks more squishy baby like. He is really filling out and learning and discovering new things every day! He is so observant. whenever he is awake, he is constantly looking around, staring at people, walls, fans. He loves looking at this nursery wall because of the contrast of the trees on the wall. He is really able to see them well. He has been on a few outings. I try to go out on a walk with him during the week. But, if we get out of bed late then it ends up being too hot. He has been to a couple restaurants, where he slept the whole time. His grandparents have been able to get a lot of snuggles in and so has his great grandma/grandpa parker. He had a pretty rough week around week 4. He went through a growth spurt, which meant he was very fussy and wanted to nurse constantly. It lasted about 4 days. It takes a lot of energy to grow!

He has started smiling more and being much more interactive. I love just staring at him as he stares at me I still can't believe I made something so perfect.

He continues to be a champion nurser. I am starting to pump for my frozen stash for when I go back to work. It is starting out slow, but I'm starting to get about 4oz to freeze each day. Hopefully it will keep going up.

He had his first pedi appointment at 3 weeks. It went really well. He weighed 7lbs 11oz. I bet he is about 9lbs now. The pedi was very impressed by his weight gain, since he is exclusively breast fed.

Things he likes:
  • staring at his mom and dad
  • falling sleep in mom and dad's arms
  • Mumford and Sons
  • nursing
  • carried in baby wrap or ergo carrier
Things he doesn't like:
  • wet/dirty diapers
  • diaper changes
  • being put down
  • getting his nails trimmed
  • changing clothes 

I'm sorry if this post is sort of jumbled hard to follow. It has been a whirlwind of a month
Here are a few pictures of our buddy goose.













2 comments:

  1. The black and white picture of Eli and your husband is absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love the pictures too! Thanks for the update. And i agree - that black and white picture with your husband is so precious!

    ReplyDelete