Wednesday, July 2, 2014

37 Weeks- Full term watermelon!!

37 weeks Today!! Eli is officially full term, although he will be cooking for another couple weeks or so. But, he can come any time he wants! It is all up to him! The last 3 weeks have been pretty good. I honestly have no right to complain too much about this pregnancy. Have I had a good night sleep in the last few months? No. But, I haven't had any real complications. This has been a relatively normal, easy pregnancy and I am so so grateful for that! We have had some great OB appts! The last two appts have been with a different doctor, Dr. C. I like her! The chances of my doctor being on-call when I give birth is low (actually she is just on-call July 27th...), So I am glad we met another doctor, although I doubt she will be on-call either. Eli's heart beat has consistently been about 142. I am measuring right on track and blood pressure has been great! I forgot to look at today's blood pressure though...
Lately: We had our birth class and it went well. We also got to tour the unit. Since I work at the hospital where I will be giving birth, I have the chance of getting the coveted "employee suite". The only problem is that there is only one, so if some beats me to it, then I get a regular room. Boo! So these other ladies better keep their babies in!! I have cut down a lot on work. I am still working a few 12 hour shifts, but I have cut down one of the shifts to 8 hours and if someone asks to work a shift for me then I will not argue = ). I also completed my FMLA paperwork and turned it in. I will be out approx. July 23-Oct 15. Then hubby will be out of work from Oct 16-Nov. 27 (maybe Dec. 1 because of thanksgiving holiday) and then my parents have graciously offered to keep him on our days off, the month of December so that we can keep him out of day care until January. Yay!! We have been cleaning house, I have packed most of the hospital bags and scheduled the car seat inspection for the 16th!
Today's appointment: Today's appt went very well. I was, somehow, still able to successfully pee in that darn cup (it's hard when you can't see past your stomach). I told the nurse not to tell me what my weight is and I forgot to look at my blood pressure. Hubby was able to come to the appointment today = ). I am measuring on track, his HB is 142 and Dr. C. was happy with how things are. We talked some about birth control for after he comes. I am going between the Copper IUD and the Mirena. The Copper IUD is hormone free, which is great, but it can cause heavier periods and more painful periods, which has been a real problem for me before. The Mirena is a hormonal IUD, which is a drawback, but it sounds like it is localized and estrogen free, it uses progesterone. I'll have to talk more with Dr. H about what she recommends and if anyone has experience with either of these...please let me know what you think! My RE said that the hormonal birth control pills did not lead to my infertility problems, but I just can't help but wonder, which is why I was leaning towards hormone free. We were also able to get an ultrasound today!! Hubby hasn't seen Eli since 18 weeks. I was so glad that he was able to see him today! The ultrasound went great! He is head down and very very low. All his parts are measuring on track and his estimated weight is 7lb 6oz! Big Boy!! It was hard to get a good pictures because he is so big and is running out of room. Over all, things are looking great!!

PICTURE OVERLOAD!!
Watermelon...what??!!!
creepy profile
creepy profile
looking up his nose and mouth with his hand on the left.
 

How Far Along: 37 Weeks
 Total Weight Gain: +a lot


Maternity Clothes: they are a must
 Stretch Marks: I find new ones every day! It's like a horrible horrible scavenger hunt.
Sleep: Horrible. I just can't get comfortable. 
 Best Moment This Week: A great OB appt. 
 Miss Anything: I miss sleep and being able to get up without needing a fork lift to lift me up. I also miss having my body as my own. It's just getting out of control. 
Movement: He's definitely active!
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Not really. I have had about 3 episodes, while I am sleeping, of bile all of a sudden being in my throat. I have to leap up (that is difficult for a pregnant lady) so I don't choke or throw up everywhere. Not fun. 
Cravings:I'll eat just about everything and anything...hence the big girl pics.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!! Eli Preston!!
Labor Signs: I have had some braxton hicks contractions in the mornings. they tend to be back to back but go away after I eat or drink in the morning.
Symptoms: Just general uncomfortableness, heartburn and the pregnant waddle.
Belly Button In or Out: Still in! 
Wedding Rings On or Off:Wedding ring is on, but I took off my engagement ring. 
Feeling:I'm getting pretty ready for him to be here = ) I both want to meet him and not be pregnant anymore.
Exercise: Yeah, not happening.
Looking Forward To: Last work day is July 12th and just ready to see what each day brings!
 Next Appointment: July 16th

2 comments:

  1. Wow it is almost time! So excited for you to meet your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So close now! You look great!

    ReplyDelete