Thursday, May 29, 2014

32 Weeks

Ok, technically it is 32 weeks 1 day because I did do this yesterday = ). 
I have about 8 more weeks (give or take) before we meet Eli Preston. I can not wait to see who he looks like, what features he gets from me and what features he gets from hubby. I can't help but hope he has my curly hair, hubby's blue eyes and cleft chin. I am excited to see what his personality will be like, what he likes and dislikes. 
To be honest though...I am pretty scared about the actual labor/birth process. I know it's going to hurt, how much will I be able to handle? Will I be able to do a natural delivery? will he want to breast feed as soon as he is born? 
So many unknowns and it is scary, overwhelming, exciting, nerve racking. 
Will we have everything ready for him? I have been nesting like crazy. I have washed all of his clothes, washed the rock n play, swing, carrier, anything that can/needs to be washed. I have found places in the nursery for pretty much everything. 
There is still work to do. I feel like my mind is constantly thinking of things that need to be done and I need to do it right then. This has caused me to not feel my best and my feet to swell. I know I need to relax on my days off but there is just so much that needs to be done. 
I had my 32week OB appt. yesterday and it went well. I had a different OB whom I had never met before. My OB was out of the office that day. She was nice. I am measuring on track and Eli's HB is 143. She short of threw me off guard by focusing the appointment on what hubby and I will do for birth control after Eli is born. She said that breastfeeding may delay ovulation for up to 6 months and it's usually not recommended to have a pregnancy less than 1 year apart. Hubby and I haven't really talked about this, except that both of us have no interest in me going back on the pill. It seems so weird to think about birth control when we went through so much just to get pregnant in the first place. I guess it is possible for things to "reset" after pregnancy. So, no real decisions have been made. 
Anyways, the good stuff. We had our maternity photo-shoot last weekend so I added some of those pictures here. LOVE THEM!!





How Far Along: 32 Weeks
 Total Weight Gain: +25lbs



Maternity Clothes: they are a must
 Stretch Marks: I am starting to develop some on my sides (boo)
Sleep:What is this? Yeah, not happening here. I am so uncomfortable at night that if I do get to sleep then it is not very restful and I wake up frequently.  I am so tired, but yet I can't sleep.
 Best Moment This Week: We had our maternity pictures done and I got to hear his HB again.
 Miss Anything: Sleep, being able to bend down to pick things up, being comfortable and being able to function properly. 
Movement: Oh, he has been moving great! There was a big movement Tuesday while I was driving home from work. I was a little worried he had turned because he was head down before. I guess we will just have to see! They can flip and turn all the way up to due date, so hopefully by the time delivery arrives he will be in the proper position. 
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Not really, I have been getting bad heartburn at night. 
Cravings: Anything strawberry, I ate a whole watermelon and a whole cantaloupe, yummmmm
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!! Eli Preston!!
Labor Signs: I've had some Braxton Hicks type contractions. They aren't very noticable but at times I will notice that I feel like I am having period cramps, like I am about to start my period any minute. Not too bad yet though.
Symptoms: Blah, I'm just uncomfortable and hot and I can't sleep.
Belly Button In or Out:I can't believe it, but it's still in! 
Wedding Rings On or Off:Wedding ring is off, but I took of my engagement ring. 
Feeling: anxious, nervous, overwhelmed, excited, tired (yes, already and yes, I know it will only get worst)
Exercise:I'm trying. It is just so dang hot here and I am so dang uncomfortable. 
Looking Forward To: every week he is on the inside, the better. We have birth class next month. I'm just anxious to see what each week brings. I pray my BP continues to be good and pre-eclampsia doesn't hit, I pray he keeps cooking as long as possible, and I pray I can keep working as long as possible. 
 Next Appointment: June 11th

2 comments:

  1. I love your maternity photos! How wonderful and precious!

    That is odd that the OB wanted to talk about birth control after you give birth already!

    My baby is 6 months old and I have been breastfeeding and there is no sign of my period in sight. I am sure I could ovulate before I get my first period - but the odds of that happening and me getting pregnant from it are so low that I am not even thinking about it. I am with you on not wanting to go back on the pill - seems so unnecessary!

    My hope is also that my body some how "resets" itself once i stop breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your maternity photos. You guys look so happy! So excited for you! You are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete